Each candidate must:
● Be registered, during Fall and Spring semesters, for no less than fifty (50) percent of his/her classes at the Biscayne Bay Campus
● Senators of specific schools, colleges, or class levels must be accepted students of that school, college, or class level as defined in the SGC-BBC Statues
● Maintain no less than a 2.5 cumulative undergraduate grade point average and a 2.0 term grade point average.
● Each Senator must have read and be familiar with the FIU Student Government Association Constitution and Statutes prior to their first Senate meeting.
● Must be available every Monday and Wednesday at 3:30pm until potentially 5:00pm to attend mandatory Senate and General Meeting.
● must reside at the Bayview Housing facility in order to be eligible for the position.
● May not be under any academic or disciplinary sanctions as detailed in the Student Code of Conduct to run for and hold office;
● Must maintain a 3.0 cumulative graduate grade point average and 2.5 term grade point average to run for and hold their position on SGC-BBC;
○ Must maintain a minimum of six (6) graduate credit hours;
○ In their semester of graduation, are exempt from the six (6) graduate credit hour requirements, but must maintain at least three (3) credit hours
● Graduate students may only apply for the FIU @ I75, Housing or Graduate Senatorial position.